Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Little Background


     My heart has for a long time been into producing quality children's stories that parents can find interesting too. I love being able to listen to shows my children do that have a little something for everyone.
      When I was in 5th grade, I wrote a play. My teacher, Mr. Westphal, allowed me to direct this play, cast it, and put it on at the school. What an opportunity for a fledgling writer!
      In 6th grade, my mother allowed me to audition for a college production of Annie. It was such a great experience. The college kids were so considerate of having kids around. It was a family experience in front of the audience as well as behind the scenes and I will always treasure that in my heart.
       As an adult, I have been involved in many productions, but one of my favorite would be the Waupaca County Radio Players. We began the live show by doing old scripts from the 40's, but quickly moved into doing original scripts. All of the sound FX, and vocal talent was presented live on the stage for everyone to enjoy what being in a live studio audience for a radio show was like back then.
      If I ever have the means, I would love to put together a production company to bring joy to children everywhere. To keep a family atmosphere behind the mic/camera as well as in front. That's why I am so excited to bring to you Reverie Stories. Please let me know how you are enjoying the stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment